15931Re: [tracker2] Small Affordable Self-Contained APRS?

    Sep 20, 2013
      What's your time frame?  I'm working on a couple of things that might be useful for this.  In particular, I'm working on a magnetic mount tracker based on the MX145.  The goal is to have the tracker, GPS, transmitter, and about 10 days of Li-ion batteries (30% tracking, 70% sleep mode) in a 4" diameter dome with a 1/4 wave antenna on the top.

      On 9/20/2013 4:22 PM, qrv@... wrote:

      Is this everything that I need?

      Argent Data Systems

      1. Tracker3 Model T3-Mini $40.00
      2. SRB MX145 Transmitter $69.50
      3. GPS
      4. Antenna
      5. Connecting cables

      Is there another option?

      > If I needed a small affordable self-contained APRS device
      > to mount somewhat-stealth on a vehicle or a trailer (so
      > it's unlikely to be stolen or vandalized) what would that
      > be?
      > In one app (a sedan) I can probably use a taped-on glass
      > antenna which would blend with an existing rear-window
      > antenna - then put the gear under the rear deck near the
      > speakers & grab 12vdc from wires in the trunk area.
      > In the other apps I'd need to be somewhat more creative.
      > WDYT?

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

      David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

      Search with: duckduckgo.com