1588Re: Making cfg files without T2 attached

  • Chris
    Mar 31 9:50 PM
      Could this be acomplished by just loading a config txt file into a
      terminal program.

      you create a config in a OT2, display and log it to a text file.

      then all you need to do is edit the text file and have the user paste
      or play back the config using a terminal program?

      Just an Idea, I perfer and like the terminal configuration much better
      than the gui one, old habit I guess.

      -C
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip B. Pacier" <ad6nh@...> wrote:

      > OK I think what I was getting at was trying to create config files that
      > folks could download and load into their trackers on their own.
      Instead
      > of having to plug a tracker in locally to create a config file, it
      would
      > be nice if I could just launch the config editor on it's own and save
      > the .cfg files for later installation.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Phil - AD6NH
      >
      > 'Scott Miller' wrote:
      > > No, right now the only way to get the .cfg file is through the config
      > > program. Once you get it, though, you could convert it to a format
      > > that could be used by the XMODEM firmware upload command.
      > >
      > > You also ought to be able to use the DISPLAY command to dump the
      > > configuration, and then paste that back into another unit to clone
      the
      > > configuration. This will only work if flow control is enabled, but
      > > with the T2-135 that's always the case unless you're in 1-wire
      weather
      > > mode. This is how we used to configure Cisco routers - just keep the
      > > configuration open in Notepad, make whatever changes are needed, and
      > > then paste the whole thing into the terminal window.

      T2 unit
      > > attached to the computer? It would surely help to be able to
      do that
      > > in my situation where I am programming literally dozens of these
      > > things :) Thanks!
      > >
      > > 73
      > > Phil - AD6NH

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic