15859Re: Script Engine and Missing Beacons and Missing Telemetry

    Aug 29, 2013
      Okay, so you've described what you would like it to do, but we still
      don't know what you have it programmed to do.

      Here's what I see your script doing...

      Obviously setting the counter to zero on startup, then counting
      seconds as they go by.

      After 28 minutes and 25 seconds, a beacon is sent, and depending upon
      which profile you are in it indicates whether solar power is or isn't

      At the end of the 28 minute and 30 second loop, the counter is reset
      to start again.

      There is no telemetry operation in the scripting, so whatever is
      happening appears to be happening in the programming of the OT2, not
      in the scripting.

      It is pretty much impossible to deduce settings from the output seen on aprs.fi.

      The raw data seen from VE3TK doesn't match your example, and it has
      been too long since raw data was seen from VA3PLA.

      On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Tony Komljanec <tkomljan@...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the review James.
      > What I'm doing is changing profiles based on battery voltage of the solar
      > powered digi. When the sun isn't shining and the battery voltage gets below
      > 12.6V, the digi goes into Profile2 "Night" mode which is WIDE1 only. WIDE
      > gets unchecked. When battery voltage rises above 13.1V, Profile1 is invoked
      > which is WIDE1 and WIDE2 active. This does break one of Bob B rules around
      > having digipeaters provide a continuous 2-way service, but it is necessary
      > as a power preservation tactic due to solar power. In the winter, we can
      > have 2 weeks of continuous overcast conditions and much of what is repeated
      > in WIDE2 seems unnecessary anyway (repeater beacons or weather stations with
      > very wide paths). I change the symbol from a normal "D" Digi star to a "1"
      > star to show mode on the aprs.fi map. Status, fixed position and telemetry
      > is sent every 901 seconds. Voltage, Temperature, and Telemetry is sent with
      > every status message. The results of testing can be seen by looking up
      > VE3TK or VA3PLA. Again, both profile parameters are the same except for
      > symbol, and the digi config WIDE gets toggled on or off.
      > When the script engine is enabled, it seems in the day mode (profile 1),
      > only the scripted beacons are being sent. No posits, telemetry or status.
      > In the night mode, posits, telemetry and status appear again. Turn off
      > scripts and all is well working in either day or night profile.
      > I've pulled the digi from service and is on my bench while I sort this out.
      > Thanks,
      > Tony K
      > VE3TK

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic