15851Re: FTM-350 using ot3

  • captnkliegle
    Aug 26, 2013
      Check and double check the wiring.
      MIC Audio (TX Audio) on OT2 is on pin 1 of DB9
      Audio In (Speaker Audio) is on pin 5 of DB9.
      If they are reversed, there will be some DC voltage on the MIC (power for electret mic amp) and that will trigger the RX led. Both Pin are on opposite sides of DB-9 connector, and I constantly have to be sure I've wired them correct. I too have had the SAME problem until I looked carefully at the tiny numbers on the DB-9.

      I can't believe you cut/hacked a $41 CT140 cable when you can buy the
      6 pin mini-din connector for $4 and solder a $00.25 DB-9 connector?

      I cut it in half and make two cables from one.

      Read my reviews of the cable for pinouts. The colors may have changed since I wrote that review due to vendor changes in wire colors.

      73 de Kriss

      https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=38&reviews_id=25

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "monguse2001" <andy@...> wrote:

      > Yes I wired up the 6pin mini din that I bought from Argent and use a ct140 cable to plug into the ftm-350 the only wires i connected were audio in, audio out, ptt and ground
      > cheers Andy G0MNI
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hillhouse" <fmhillhouse@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Did you make your own? If so, did you use the SQL connection?
      > >
      > > I make my own cables and have not used SQL. That would be the only thing I
      > > can think of at the moment that might have an effect.
      > >
      > > Best regards,
      > > Fred N7FMH
      > >

      > > _____

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic