15639Re: config file otwincfg.exe on a macbook pro (x86) ?? Updated Q's?

  • avidfan929
    Jun 3, 2013
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "avidfan929" <avidfan929@...> wrote:

      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "avidfan929" <avidfan929@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "avidfan929" <avidfan929@> wrote:

      > > > virtualbox - I can do that as i have a legal copy of xp I can use. Where does one find this software?
      > > > >
      > > >Actually - i figured out where and what - maybe you can answer- will virtual box run in "coherance" that is within a window on top of the OS X op system? or instead of the osx op system?
      > >
      > I figured this one out also- Yes it can- I just need to read before I ask-
      >
      > Jason big thanks!
      >
      > Mike
      > N0NY

      Okay so i downloaded and installed Vitualbox on the Mac powerbook and installed windows xp there also- no issues and installed the extensions file- I configured Virtual box to have the USB output via a USB to serial cable to a Null modem cable to the serial connection on the tracker 2. I have tried all kinds of Baud rates and disconnecting power (13.8v dc) to reset the tracker 2 and cannot bring up the configuration program.

      I tried this on my iMac running Parallels 8 with windows 8 and the same issue - however clicking on the advanced settings under properties I was able to get a dialog box coming back saying the unit is not responding. (Meaning we can send a signal and the lights flash- however the unit is not returning the signal to Windows)

      Question then is - do I have a bad cable or null modem cable if the signal is going out but not being returned? or is it more likely an issue with the tracker2? (this was purchased built not as a kit).

      Thanks - Argent can you respond?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic