15498Re: [tracker2] Digipeater

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Apr 23, 2013
      Teddy KC0WNY wrote...

      > Yes, I know about the path, and I changed it back to WIDE2-2,
      > I was just doing some testing, why? I have no idea. Thanks for
      > the Info.

      I would probably back PATH off to a single hop WIDE2-1.
      This of course only affects the path used for its own beacons,
      but it would reduce non-essential traffic around you if it
      was backed off to just a single hop.

      Have you hooked up a terminal program or an APRS client like
      UI-View to the T2-135 to see how much it is decoding? You
      could compare it to what your D710 is hearing. It could be
      that there just aren't a lot of beacons for it to digipeat. However
      the digipeater itself is consistently making it to an IGate direct
      with no help from another digipeater.

      What settings do you have in the T2-135 for ALIAS 1, ALIAS 2
      etc. and HOPLIMIT 1, HOPLIMIT 2 etc. and USEALIAS 1,
      USEALIAS 2 and DIGIID 1, DIGIID 2 etc.?

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH