15486Re: [tracker2] OT3 mini config question

  • Ronny Julian
    Apr 17, 2013
      USB KISS?  Where is that in the config program?  I see ports A and B and I set Port A for KISS and 9600 baud.

      On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      Port A and the USB port are separate ports, but they're connected in
      that the console only exists on one or the other.  Plugging in USB
      disables the console on the serial port, UNLESS you have USB KISS on.

      On my workbench, I've got one cable that I know always comes up COM8 for
      any OTUSB or T3, and another that's always COM6.  The only time I have a
      problem is when I leave a program open using the port and reconnect
      without closing it, and it'll pick another port.  Closing the program
      and reconnecting fixes it.

      On 4/17/2013 8:14 PM, Ronny Julian wrote:
      > Worked fine on Packlink.
      > So does the USB port simply parallel Port A serial?  IE: if I don't want
      > to have the chase your port down everytime issue can I just connect a
      > DB-9 to port As pins and use that?
      > On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...
      > <mailto:k4rjjradio@...>> wrote:
      >     But if I use the same port every time and don't connect anything
      >     else there it should stay put correct?  I got into it fine and am
      >     starting my config.  So many more options than last time I saw this!
      >       Thanks!
      >     Next test is to try connecting to it on KISS.  Anything hardware
      >     wise I need to do there?
      >     On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      >     <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
      >         Do you see a new port appear in otwincfg when you plug in the
      >         tracker?
      >         It should automatically detect it and connect, at least if it
      >         shows up
      >         on COM1 through COM16.  You might need to go into device manager and
      >         reassign it if it comes up on COM17 or above, which I think I've
      >         seen
      >         happen at least once.
      >         There's really no predicting what port it'll appear on.  In
      >         Windows it
      >         will depend on which USB port you connected it to.
      >         Scott
      >         On 4/17/2013 7:10 PM, Ronny Julian wrote:
      >          > What COM port do I set to connect the OT3 mini to
      >         OTWINCONFIG?  Using
      >          > Windows 7.  I see the LED come on when connected.  I've tried
      >         the auto
      >          > detect feature and It sees ports 1 and 3 but neither work.
      >          >
      >          > Ronny
      >          > K4RJJ
      >          >