15470Re: [tracker2] Re: Garmin GPS's for use with OT-USB

  • Randy Love
    Apr 16, 2013
      Yes, the USGlobalsat BR-355 ( *non-USB* ) version work great. I have several that we use on trackers for various events. Chop off their PS-2 interface plug and tack on the DE-9! They are powered from OT+ or OT-USB's and work fabulous just sitting on the dash of the pick up trucks that are used for SAG's in MS-150 bike events.

      Randy
      WF5X

      On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      Where have you been buying yours?  I might need to pick up some of those
      as well for evaluation.

      Scott

      On 4/16/2013 4:24 AM, captnkliegle wrote:

      > Since the ADS-GM1 hasn't been available for months, I've been buying the
      > $32 BR-355 units. They're getting harder to find now that word is out. lol
      >
      > Warm boot is much faster than the ADS-GM1, within seconds or less!
      >
      > No capacitor installed across the DC power line, no issues in any of the
      > installations.
      >
      > KA1GJU

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional