15464Re: [tracker2] Garmin GPS's for use with OT-USB

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Apr 15 11:27 AM
      On 4/15/2013 10:44 AM, Jacob Tennant wrote:
      PS: Any word on any of the GPS units you used to sell with the OT-USB? Any available from anywhere?  Was hoping to make my install a "Set it and Forget it" type like the Ronco Cooker ad says.

      I've had good luck with the BR-355 modules.  They're native NMEA RS-232.  You just have to cut off the connector it comes with and wire your own 5v supply and DE9 as shown in one of the links below.

      http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/7457

      http://tinyurl.com/bqz7s6f - Flickr album

      http://tinyurl.com/cpv4hg6 - Closeup of wiring

      http://tinyurl.com/c27usvy - e-Bay search

      I've not included the pictured capacitor in any of my uses and have seen no ill effects.  YMMV

      PS.  Make sure you get the BR-355 and not the similar model number that's USB!

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic