15461Re: [tracker2] Garmin GPS's for use with OT-USB

    Apr 15, 2013
      > PS: Any word on any of the GPS units you used to sell with the OT-USB?
      > Any available from anywhere? Was hoping to make my install a "Set it
      > and Forget it" type like the Ronco Cooker ad says.

      The GPS engine manufacturer discontinued the SiRFStar III boards and the
      factory building the modules seems to be getting out of the serial GPS
      business. We've had to switch before so it's not the end of the world,
      but it's taking longer than I'd hope to find a new source. The best
      candidate right now wants more money for equivalent modules and they
      want a higher minimum order to add our DB9 connectors and silkscreen.

      We should have a small batch of those on the way soon and we'll just
      install the connectors here and ship them without silkscreen. I'd
      really like to find a better option to replace the GM1. If we're going
      to be paying more for them, I'd like to have something that's really
      clearly better.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic