15454Re: [tracker2] Garmin GPS's for use with OT-USB

  • Jacob Tennant
    Apr 15, 2013
      I have the OT2 with USB port that I just bought about 2 weeks ago. I was hoping to get a Fleet Management capable Garmin GPS for my vehicle and plug it into the tracker via the serial port for the GPS so as to eliminate so many cables in my car.

      I had thought the FMI cable would connect to the OT2 with a USB port, but not into the USB port, as the USB port is where my laptop will be connected when needed.

      Jacob Tennant

      On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      Which tracker are you talking about?  The Tracker2 and Tracker3 series
      support (to some degree) anything with FMI support.  The OpenTracker USB
      doesn't support FMI.

      Scott

      On 4/14/2013 4:36 PM, jakewf8s wrote:
      > What all Garmin GPS models work with the OT2-USB through the fleet
      > tracking cable system?
      >
      > I am in need of a new dash-based GPS in my car and might as well get one
      > that can cover both the APRS display and normal GPS duties.
      >
      > Would really like to have a 5" screen if possible.
      >
      > Jacob Tennant

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: