      From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of marcel
      Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 20:07
      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [tracker2] GPS data pass through OT to serial?

      I'm setting up my GIS software to work as a mobile asset tracker. I have the Open Tracker sending NMEA data to the serial port (port B, with GPS on Port A) and that plots just the way it should. Now I'd like to have the software centre on its current position and record a tack log. To do that I need to have a stream of position data passed through the OT to the serial port.

      I'm not sure that the OT can even do this, so some advice would be appreciated. If it's not possible, then I'll request the GIS developer put an option on their GPS interface to take data from the serial port and GPS from another port. Of course, that arrangement would mean having the tracker pulling position data from one GPS puck, and the GIS software pulling from another puck, but if that's the way it needs to be, the so be it!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic