15391Re: T3-mini serial ports

  • caimaver
    Mar 28, 2013
      Hi Scott-

      Thanks for the update. I've got the T3-mini working in TTL mode, but it looks like there's a problem with the A-TX pin. Using TTL, I am able to send commands to the T3-mini through the A-RX pin and communication through port B (TTL) seems to work fine (both TX and RX as far as I can tell, I can echo port B text with 'snoop' but I didn't see an obvious command to output text on port B).

      After a little more troubleshooting, it looks like the A-TX pin is still operating in RS-232 mode; it works if I run the A-TX line through a MAX3232 (while the A-RX is still receiving TTL). I verified that 002FFF01 is still 06 using "dump all". Can this be fixed in a firmware update?

      BTW, is there a way to use "dump" to output only the memory at 002FF0? That would make verifying this configuration byte much simpler.

      Thanks! I'm really excited about the options made possible with a T3 on a small PCB like this.

      - Cai

      > Hi Cai,
      >
      > I just added a note to the wiki:
      >
      > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Tracker3#Hardware_Configuration_Flags
      >
      > I'll add more specific information to the T3-mini page when I have time.
      > In short, you'll need to use the patch command to set a configuration
      > byte.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 3/27/2013 12:34 AM, caimaver wrote:
      > > How can I get either serial port on the T3-mini to speak TTL instead of
      > > RS-232? I couldn't find a setting for it in otwincfg or in the
      > > "cmd:help" command list and I didn't see anything about it on the wiki
      > > either.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > > Cai /W6CAI

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic