15353Re: How can I test the current speed in a script?

  • francois.rogez
    Mar 15, 2013
      2 follow-up questions (my script is actually not working):

      1)
      I assumed that you apply the profile definitions defined in OTWINCFG as:
      if profile n / do once / ... / end block / end block
      Is this true?

      2)
      if my script also has a" if profile n / do once", which one (my script
      or you profile) will actually set a given parameter (like POWER, or
      INTERVAL). Should I wait 1 second after the profile switch before trying
      to overwrite the parameters defined in the profile?

      Thanks

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "francois.rogez" <ffdef@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Scott, this would be nice to have.
      >
      > As a workaround, I wrote a script to override the parameters set by
      the
      > profile, for the first n minutes after the transition, then revert to
      > the same parameters as the profile has.
      > This seems to work.
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller scott@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Speed isn't presently one of the things you can check from a script.
      > > can add that to my to-do list for the next release.
      > >
      > > Scott
      > >
      > > On 3/14/2013 10:52 AM, francois.rogez wrote:
      > > > I am looking for advice/examples on detecting condition based on a
      > speed
      > > > threshold in a script.
      > > >
      > > > My current setup uses a speed threshold to transition between the
      2
      > > > profiles, but I would like this transition to only happen if the
      > speed
      > > > is below the threshold for a given number of minutes. I think a
      > script
      > > > is needed.
      > > >
      > > > The wiki has some script examples, and the "Comparing Analog
      > Readings"
      > > > is close to what is needed; I just need to replace the 'Exec
      "analog
      > 1
      > > > in"' statement with something that will return the current speed.
      > > >
      > > > Any ideas?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > >
      > > > Francois

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic