      From: Scott Miller <scott@...>
      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Anything new for Dayton

      >     Are you talking about something like the combo Raspi with
      > the piggybacked APRS modules?

      Not a pi, though the thought had crossed my mind.  It's a Freescale
      Coldfire-based unit running a very lightweight RTOS.

      >     Are you looking for something like a Celwave flat pack?
      >
      >     The one I have is for UHF but they are available for VHF as well
      > (Chinese versions are about $99.)

      Ideally I suppose I'd like to have a complete repeater, including
      cavities, with a common ham controller for comparison.  It's been years
      since I've touched a duplex repeater and I've never been the operator of
      one.  It's a field I've been reluctant to get into because of the
      support requirements that are likely to come with it, but the ADS-SR1
      already has 90% of the code written and debugged that it needs to be a
      decent repeater controller, and the new unit will have more than enough
      capability on the hardware side to do all of that and a lot of stuff
      that I haven't seen so far in existing controllers, like IP linking.