15244Re: [tracker2] Can the GTRANS cable allow you to send commands to the Kenwood D710?

    Feb 11, 2013
      On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Tom Hayward <tom@...> wrote:

      > I'm not sure what commands specifically you are talking about, but I'm
      > not aware of any that the D710 accepts over its 2.5mm GPS interface.

      You can access the messaging interface over the GPS port.

      > TNC commands must be issued to the serial port on the back of the
      > control head, and CAT commands are issued through the serial port on
      > the back of the radio (next to the antenna port).

      And that one you have bang on... all the commands Tony is alluding to
      are accessible via the com port on the back of the control head, not
      on the GPS port.