15243Re: [tracker2] Can the GTRANS cable allow you to send commands to the Kenwood D710?

  • Tom Hayward
    Feb 11, 2013
      On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Tony VE6MVP <tony@...> wrote:

      > Can the GTRANS cable, when hooked up to the Nuvi 350 and the D710, allow you to do the same things? I see there is mention of firmware upgradeable and 20 Mhz CPU.
      >
      > If that capability isn't there can such be added? Note that Lynn D, author of APRSIS32, knows how to do this programmatically. And actually I could probably send you folks a log of the commands he sends the D710.

      I'm not sure what commands specifically you are talking about, but I'm
      not aware of any that the D710 accepts over its 2.5mm GPS interface.
      TNC commands must be issued to the serial port on the back of the
      control head, and CAT commands are issued through the serial port on
      the back of the radio (next to the antenna port).

      Tom KD7LXL
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic