15229Re: [tracker2] Re: OT USB Telemetry

    Feb 7 10:32 PM
      On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

      > My proposed format is variable-length, more efficient, and lets you
      > specify profiles for metadata - either a standard pre-defined profile
      > (e.g., T3 profile with 1 temperature, 1 count, and 5 voltage readings)
      > or a profile you'd create yourself on the site. Because from what I've
      > seen, most folks don't need equations and labels on the air, they just
      > want the data presented nicely online.

      The base-91 has the variable length concept...

      The metadata sounds like the existing parameter definitions just with
      a different coat of paint. Sounds like you are advocating defining the
      metadata directly on aprs.fi via the web interface. You define the
      metadata currently via APRS with a few APRS messages sent to the
      specific callsign. Do that once every few years to keep aprs.fi up to
      date and you're there.

      I'm game to hear different though... what about defining it on the
      wiki where it can be discussed and documented rather than just in an
      email? It's kind of out of the scope of what the reflector is about.