15228Re: [tracker2] Re: OT USB Telemetry

  • Matthew Cook
    Feb 7, 2013
      Scott,

      I've sent a few of those packets to the APRS-IS servers, they did appear to go through to aprs.fi...   There was a little sillyness until I resent a PARM packet manually with new scaling factors etc...  it doesn't fix all of the problems with telemetry but the additional range is nice.. especially for measureing battery voltage in millivolts....

      We should be flying new APRS trackers in our next HAB launch later this month (or early next month) with this new compressed base-91 telemetry code in it.

      73's

      Matthew
      VK5ZM

      On 8 February 2013 14:41, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      I think it was in an earlier stage when I saw it last.  I'll look it over.

      Scott

      On 2/7/2013 8:03 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      > Were you aware of the Base91 telemetry extension described at:
      >
      > http://he.fi/doc/aprs-base91-comment-telemetry.txt
      >
      > It allows telemetry data to appear in a posit comment and allows values
      > from 0..8280 (13 bits per sample).  It still has sequence in there, but
      > you don't have to provide all 5 values unless you want to include the 8
      > binary bits which come at the end.

      > On 2/7/2013 10:48 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
      >> And this is why it'll be a user-configurable option.  With warnings.  =]
      >>
      >> I'm still hoping to convince Hessu to implement a more flexible
      >> telemetry format.  I've got one designed.  Might just have to implement
      >> it myself and see if it gets any traction.
      >>
      >> Scott
      >>
      >> On 2/7/2013 7:15 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
      >>> Be aware that Pete, AE5PL and author of javAPRSSrvr which powers many of
      >>> the APRS-IS servers, is on record that his filter implementation in the
      >>> new 4.x release requires strict adherence to the original aprs101.pdf
      >>> definition of 0..127 for telemetry values.  A t/t (type telemetry)
      >>> filter will NOT pass a telemetry packet with any data value outside this
      >>> range.  The only way such a packet would be received is if it is passed
      >>> by some other filter element (like range or buddy or some-such).

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)