15059Re: [tracker2] OTUSB UI-VIEW32 GPS Pass Through? Serial Data Monitoring?

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Dec 28, 2012
      For a KISS port passthrough, simply take the entire NMEA sentence
      (configurable as to which one if you like or just the pair that have
      lat/lon speed and altitude) including the checksum and <CR><LF> and put
      it inside a KISS wrapper <CO><00>$GPxxx,n,,n,n,n,n,n,n,n*cs<CR><LF><CO>
      and interleave it with all of the other APRS packets coming through in
      KISS mode.

      Optionally, you can put an alternate port number in bits 4,5,6 of the
      command byte per the MKISS protocol. The TinyTrak4 supports this. It
      may or may not make the interleave stream less confusing to some KISS
      clients.

      Oh, and since you know the NMEA strings are printable ASCII, you don't
      need to worry about any of the KISS escape processing. There won't be
      any escape-necessary characters in a check-sum-passing NMEA sentence.

      For a TEXT port, just put the NMEA sentences in between the
      TNC2-formatted APRS packets, again with the checksum and <CR><LF>.