15006Re: [tracker2] Re: OT3m misconfig and will not reset

    Dec 10, 2012
      If it's *very* busy with serial port output, then yes, I could see that
      being an issue - it blocks while it's doing a port print from scripting
      and it might miss the reset commands from the PC over the serial port.
      It *should* still work through USB. Are you running KISS over USB? It
      seems to have more trouble getting out of KISS mode - that's something
      I've been meaning to investigate.

      On 12/7/2012 2:17 PM, sa6bje wrote:
      > Any update on the issue?
      > I tested all tips below but it did not help me.
      > 73 Erik
      > Marcel S <ki6qdj@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just had almost the same issue on my T3-301 (same brains as the
      > ot3m)(see other thread on that). It seems as though the tracker has
      > issues connecting nicely to otwincfg if you keep the COM ports busy
      > through either scripting (as I did) or weather station data etc.
      > >
      > > I was able to get access again via the USB port with some dumb luck
      > on a different computer. I would recommend just trying a new computer
      > (be sure to use the newest INF file
      > <http://www.argentdata.com/files/ArgentUSB.zip>on argent's site for the
      > driver) just to see if that will help. It might have had something to do
      > with power cycling as well for the reconnect. So try powering through
      > the DC jack with 12 volts and then plugging in the USB or variants thereof.
      > >
      > > Scott is aware of the issues and is looking into solutions. In the
      > > meantime, we the users need to tread carefully when we swamp the COM
      > ports and keep the processor so excited with printing things that it
      > doesn't want to listen to us anymore.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > -Marcel AI6MS
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic