14971Re: [tracker2] Re: OT3m misconfig and will not reset

  • Marcel S
    Nov 17, 2012
      I just had almost the same issue on my T3-301 (same brains as the ot3m)(see other thread on that). It seems as though the tracker has issues connecting nicely to otwincfg if you keep the COM ports busy through either scripting (as I did) or weather station data etc.

      I was able to get access again via the USB port with some dumb luck on a different computer. I would recommend just trying a new computer (be sure to use the newest INF file <http://www.argentdata.com/files/ArgentUSB.zip>on argent's site for the driver) just to see if that will help. It might have had something to do with power cycling as well for the reconnect. So try powering through the DC jack with 12 volts and then plugging in the USB or variants thereof.

      Scott is aware of the issues and is looking into solutions. In the
      meantime, we the users need to tread carefully when we swamp the COM ports and keep the processor so excited with printing things that it doesn't want to listen to us anymore.

      Cheers,

      -Marcel AI6MS

      On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM, sa6bje <erik@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > My OT3m now does the same thing.
      >
      > On USB I get the terminal prints all incoming packets in clear text.
      > Anything I type gets transmitted over radio and echos in the terminal.
      > Ctrl-c gives cmd: but still anything I type gets transmotter over radio.
      > When connecting with otwincfg.exe the unit transmits over radio, it does
      > not connect correctly and does not open the settings.
      >
      > Serial A gets funny chars on bootup.
      > Anything I type here gets echoed out on the USB terminal and is also
      > transmitted over radio.
      > When connecting with otwincfg.exe the unit transmits over radio, it does
      > not connect correctly and does not open the settings.
      >
      > Serial B get nothing on bootup
      > Typing to this port does NOT echo on usb terminal or transmit.
      > When connecting with otwincfg.exe the unit transmits over radio, it does
      > not connect correctly and does not open the settings.
      >
      > 73 SA6BJE/Erik
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic