14860Re: [tracker2] want to get messaging working - please send messages (or volunteer to receive one)

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Oct 4, 2012
      On 10/4/2012 4:36 PM, Eric Fort wrote:

      on the nuvi I selected create message.  I then entered what I thought was the proper syntax to send a message to an email address.  what it aparently picked up and parsed as the supposed to call was the first part of my email address.  much of this is likely human error.  I'm guessing that I got the syntax and message formatting wrong upon entering it into the nuvi - if only FMI allowed for a dialog to be presented on the nuvi where the tracker requested the to address and the message body seperately.

      Create Message expects a dash followed by the addressed APRS callsign followed by the message body.  If you don't put the leading dash, then the Tracker2 will send it to some default that seems to be either the station you last received a message from or the one you last sent one to (which may the same thing if you receive an ack).  I always try to put the -callsign in there when in doubt.  So, you should enter the following:

      -EMAIL-2 me@... Text of e-mail essage