14778I found the weather data flow ...

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Sep 7, 2012
      I just tried different settings:

      1. Opened a Console/Terminal
      "echo -ne '\CO\xFF\xCO' > /dev/ttyS0" (I tried S4, S3, S2, S1, but only
      S0 responded properly)

      2. "Minicom -D /dev/ttyS0 -b 19200 -o"

      3. CTRL-A then z

      4. In the pop-up Menu "E" to to turn on Echo

      5. Then on blank screen (no command prompt) type TEST and received TEST
      echo.

      6. VER = Oct 25, 2010

      7. NVER = 2.14

      8. STRMON = scrolling groups of data e.g.

      0 = 80
      1 = 7
      2 = fd
      3 = 14
      4 = a9
      5 = 0
      6 = 2d
      7 = 7a

      9. STRMOFF = data display off

      There are some Perl scripts here: http://gitorious.org/davis-vantagepro

      They were suggested as potentially-useful on WXForum.net

      WDYT?

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
      David Colburn nevils-station.com