14763Re: [tracker2] Anyone know when Scott will be back?

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Sep 5, 2012
      Scott,

      Welcome back - trust that your BurningMan adventure was
      positive.

      Here's Message 601:

      I have a Davis Vantage Vue with a secondary market data
      adapter, the DSI-01 serial adapter.

      I need to know if the OT3m can handle the input directly
      or if it has to be processed via Xastir or some other app?

      Someone posted this pinout info:

      2 TX
      3 RX
      5 GND
      7-8 jumpered
      (Or 2 is RX, 3 is TX, I always have trouble with that. Try it each way.)

      ... and the adapter info sheet contained this settings info:

      Com Settings: 19,200, 8-N-1, no flow
      Says "TEST" should echo.
      Says "VER" should respond firmware version and date.
      Says "LOOP" should generate gibberish and be stopped by Enter.

      Thanks!

      David

      > Back now. Over 600 messages in my inbox, will be answering as I'm able.

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
      David Colburn nevils-station.com
      I don't google I SEARCH! duckduckgo.com