14754Re: [tracker2] Re: Anyone know when Scott will be back?

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Sep 3, 2012
      Jordan,

      That sounds like a fun challenge from a Ham perspective!

      Have you considered HSMM-Mesh as well?

      It might be interesting to try to capture text and handle
      it both ways via APRS VHF/UHF and HF.

      That could be the best of both worlds, high-speed high-
      bandwidth local wireless "internet", and essential text communication
      regional, national, and international.

      Certainly in Emcomm, including DMAT's (Disaster Medical
      Assistance Teams)) there is a need for intense local data sharing
      among teams that may be 100 yards or several miles apart - while
      text, voice, and perhaps compressed images (DSSTV?) may be adequate
      for external comms.

      I have just been informed that Winlink has finally allowed
      an open-source Linux version so perhaps that could be part of the
      mix as well?

      David

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com