1457RE: [tracker2] Question

  • Cap Pennell
    Mar 4, 2007
      Some types of digis will insert their own callsign into the digipeated
      packet one or the other of those ways you spotted. The way either digi type
      _operates_ is not different.

      Depending on the digipeater hardware in use, a user's packet starting out
      addressed via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 may come out of the first digi (DIGIA) showing
      as
      DIGIA,WIDE1*,WIDE2-1
      or as
      DIGIA*,WIDE2-1

      In either case, the last "*" (immediately preceding WIDE2-1) indicates that
      second (WIDE2-1) hop is still available to be operated by the next digi in
      line. Operation is the same in either of those "DIGIA" cases.
      73, Cap KE6AFE

      P.S. After the second hop of the mobile user's WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 path, the
      packet's path may look like either:
      DIGIA,WIDE1,DIGIB*,WIDE2
      or
      DIGIA,DIGIB*,WIDE2