1456Question

  • Jon
    Mar 4 12:35 PM
      Firstly I must preface the question with the caveat,
      that I don't know what the firmware version of the
      tracker2 is, so I must visit the site this week and
      update it.

      I was watching APRS traffic this afternoon as we have
      just put another digi/Igate in place when I spotted
      this.
      2m: fm EI3JB-9 to U2QTQR via WIDE1-1 WIDE2-1 ctl UIv
      pid=F0(Text) len 15 19:08:40
      0000 '}^dl .>/]"3r}.
      2m: fm EI3JB-9 to U2QTQR via EI2WCD-2* WIDE1* WIDE2-1
      ctl UIv pid=F0(Text) len 15 19:08:41
      0000 '}^dl .>/]"3r}.
      2m: fm EI3JB-9 to U2QTQR via EI2WWD-3* WIDE2-1 ctl UIv
      pid=F0(Text) len 15 19:08:43
      0000 '}^dl .>/]"3r}.

      My question is why the WIDE1* in the second packet? I
      know that the WIDE1 has been used up, but I
      (incorrectly?) assumed that the digipeater would just
      replace the WIDE1-1 with its own callsign and continue
      on, like the third line.

      Regards
      John