14388Re: [tracker2] Re: Nuvi 350 T2301

    Jul 25, 2012
      Is your second nuvi in FMI mode, with the dispatch menu?

      Did anything change in your configuration when it stopped working?

      On 7/22/2012 4:21 PM, Dave Miller wrote:

      Scott,
      I reloaded the Firmware without any improvement.
      I swapped in my second Nuvi 350 and I do not get the message showing cable disconnected but I also don't get the send message window on the Nuvi.

      To review: This is my cable that has been working for years

      DB-9 Male
      Pin 1 Yellow wire to Nuvi cable
      Pin 2 NC
      Pin 3 NC
      Pin 4 0V Gnd
      Pin 5 +12V
      Pin 6 NC
      Pin 7 NC
      Pin 8 NC
      Pin 9 White Wire to Nuvi

      Should I connect a DB9 to Port A to attach OTconfig for debug?
      Any assistance would be appreciated. A couple of LED's in the T2-301 would sure simplify troubleshooting.
      Thanks
      Dave

      > You won't get continuity through the level shifter circuit in the 813
      > cable. Pinouts for DB9 female should be 2-yellow, 3-white, 5-black/brown.
      >
      > You might try reloading the firmware on the T2, also.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 7/19/2012 3:43 PM, Dave Miller wrote:
      > > My system that has been working for years stopped working.
      > > The current Symptoms are Nuv-350 is showing the not connected symbol on
      > > the display.
      > >
      > > I have checked that the T2-301 Tx's OK using OTconfig and a dummy load
      > > by using the Tune command.
      > >
      > > I have changed out the -0183 cable between the T301 and the Nuvi unit
      > > with a new one. Seemed to have troubles getting continuity with a meter
      > > on the old cable. Where is the pinout for the -0183 cable.
      > > Fuses are OK and power seems to be getting to the T2.
      > >
      > > Does this mean the Nuvi has an issue?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Dave
      > > VE7PKE