14095Re: [tracker2] Re: new to this stuff...

  • Tom Hayward
    May 4, 2012
      On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Andrew Wawrzynowicz
      <mechcondrid@...> wrote:
      > i am working on a backend server that will grab the picture data that it
      > transmits and stores it on the server for a webpage to grab or link to, im
      > just trying to figure out how to direct the packet data to the server (and
      > find a sstv camera that doesnt convert it to audio itself)

      How did you decide on SSTV? What is the distance and terrain between
      the camera and server? If feasible, I would try to tackle this with
      900 MHz WiFi. The difference in quality would be phenomenal, if you
      can pull it off.

      I'm a sucker for Ubiquiti products, so I'd probably attempt it with
      this set of equipment:
      http://www.ubnt.com/airvision
      http://dl.ubnt.com/datasheets/nanobridgem/nbm_ds_web.pdf

      Apologies for being off-topic. I'd still use the Argent Data gear for
      the weather station and reporting :-)

      Tom KD7LXL
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic