14092AVS (was: new to this stuff...)

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    May 4, 2012
      On 5/4/2012 10:24 AM, James Ewen wrote:
      > I don't know of any APRS applications that would store an SSTV image,
      > nor do I know of any SSTV programs that include APRS functionality.
      > They may be out there, anyone know of one? If not, then there's a
      > niche market for you!

      Three letters: AVS: http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/vision.html

      I really want the specs to this as I'd love to incorporate it into
      APRSISCE, the mobile version, to grab a picture from the camera, encoded
      it and braap it over APRS where any other instance can capture it
      realtime and a server-side instance can put all of them on a browsable
      web page for historical reasons.

      Picture the first responder capability of getting pictures out when the
      cellular networks are still down.

      But I think we're getting pretty far off the Tracker2 topic now...