14009Re: [tracker2] Re: Digi Question

    Apr 22, 2012
      On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:50 PM, redneckmike586@...
      <kd5vxq@...> wrote:

      >  I just read this i thought i had it set up to send email

      To have the digipeater send email messages, you would need to have a
      script configured that initiates the message. If however you are
      talking about having the digipeater respond to remote commands sent by
      APRS messages, that would require having authorized remote operator
      callsigns assigned in the AUTH list.

      > anyways on the script how do i put this in the T2 do i copy and paste
      > to the Script editor or how do i do this? I have never done a script like this one.

      You'll need to enter the script into the script editor manually when
      on site. You can't just cut and paste the script into the editor. You
      have to go into the script editor, and click on the "On Second" button
      to get the first line to enter into the script window. Then you need
      to select "Counter 1" in "A" then press the "Increment A" button to
      get the second line. Then you'll need to enter "1800" into "C" and
      then press the "IF A = C" button to get the third line.

      You should be getting the idea... it's a little weird when you first
      get into using this script editor, but if you have any assembly
      language experience, it's kind of reminds you of that... You have to
      set your variables up, and then call the operation.

      >  On Second
      >>   Increment Counter 1
      >>   If Counter 1 = 1800
      >>     Exec "BEA ;442.425+R*111111z3458.72N/09419.35WrT136 R40m WD5MHZ"
      >>     Set Counter 1 = 0
      >>   End Block
      >> End Block

      Scott has a utility to dump the script as patch commands, but I have
      not been successful at patching a new script into the remote unit. I'm
      a little leery of trying to do so because of the ease of screwing up
      much more than just the scripts. The patch commands that Scott creates
      are too long to send as APRS messages, so I had to cut each line into
      two pieces, inserting new addresses as well. I sent all of that to my
      remote unit, and didn't get any joy.

      If the patch utility made shorter lines, and then when you sent a
      patch command to a remote unit, if it responded that it got the patch
      command successfully, I would be much less apprehensive about using
      the patch. Making the patch lines shorter, and adding a CRC checksum
      as the last value per line would allow the remote unit to check to see
      if the patch command arrived intact, and be able to send back a
      confirmation response letting you know that the command was received
      successfully.

      I do some fairly extensive scripting on my digipeaters, and when I
      screw up my scripts, or want to make a change, I end up having to
      drive back out to the digipeater. I have digipeaters that are up to 5
      hours away now, so it's really a pain to have to return to the site to
      fix a script up. I can make just about every other change to the
      digipeater remotely, scripting and profile switching settings remain a
      road trip item for me.

      If you send me the config that you have saved from WD5MHZ-2 I can load
      it up here and have a look at it to see what you have setup for
      AUTHLIST and scripting currently. I think your AUTHLIST is empty...