13841Garmin Nuvi 350 won't stay connected

  • rooster4bravo
    Mar 31, 2012
      I keep getting a message that says, "The communications device is not responding." To fix this, I have been entering maintenance mode and clearing user data. However, I have to do that every time I start my car and turn everything on. If I turn the system off and on again, I get that error message again.

      Here's how everything is installed. The OT3m is connected through the data jack to an IC-2720H. The Garmin Nuvi 350 is connected with the Garmin FMI cable, and is in the mount, powered through the back, with the cord plugged into the cigarette lighter. The radio and OT3m are powered on and off with a toggle switch.

      As far as troubleshooting, I have tried two different Garmins, and both have reacted the same way. In my wife's car, there is a similar arrangement, except everything including the GPS is powered by one of the APO3 switches.

      The only thing I can figure is that powering the GPS and radio/tracker separately is messing things up. Any ideas?

      Thanks,

      Chadd
      KD0OFX
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic