13709Re: [tracker2] Digi Question

    Mar 12 5:57 AM
      On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

      > Then I must be doing something wrong. I could only get the
      > D72 to "tune" to the frequency embedded in the repeater
      > object if the format was e,g, 147.320MHz and I found it to
      > be case sensitive too.

      Case sensitivity is part of the specification. There are other things
      in APRS that are case sensitive, so does that make them broken as
      well? There are details that are conveyed due to the case of specific
      characters in the specification.

      It's incorrect to consider a packet format incorrect just because of a
      problem with the implementation of the decoding of that specification
      in a specific piece of hardware as well. Modifying the specification
      to work around limitations in a hardware implementation does not make
      the specification wrong.