1359RE: [tracker2] Firmware update

  • Cap Pennell
    Dec 10, 2006

      Spoofing a packet to knock your transmit rate down? Is that really likely
      on our friendly amateur radio VHF APRS network? Wow!
      Though I've been operating amateur APRS for more than a dozen years, I
      haven't seen such "malice" in our network. But I _have often_ seen a
      tendency, especially amongst newusers and those _not watching_ everybody's
      packets scroll by, to increase transmission rates and broaden digipaths
      without understanding the effect that has on all the other users of the
      single frequency.

      "The Radio Amateur is <snip> FRIENDLY...<snip> cooperation and consideration
      for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit."

      For this stuff to keep working and be fun, we all gotta share and play nice,
      that's all.
      73, Cap
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic