13434Re: [tracker2] OT2 Audio Out Questions (Decoupling and Deviation)

  • Rob
    Jan 6, 2012
      On 07/01/12 04:08, James Ewen wrote:

      On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Edward <egiandomenico@...> wrote:

      > Question 2: In addition to the decoupling capacitor there is a jumper "HI" that allows
      > you to select use of either a A.) 100k resistor or B.) 100k resistor in parallel with a 30k
      > (~23K). If I understand the circuit correctly the resistor(s) are used to control the voltage
      > of the signal being sent to the transmitter (which in turns will control the deviation
      > of the output signal). Is that correct?

      Nope... the HT jumper changes the loading on the line... Some HTs look

      Yes, the HI jumper controls the TX audio level sent to the transmitter. It gives you finer resolution when using the TX level set in firmware (eg as set by the otwincfg GUI or using the TXLEVEL command)

      The HT jumper is another thing :-)
      --
      Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic