13430Re: [tracker2] Digipeating Issues

    Jan 6, 2012
      On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM, qp2trz <qp2trz@...> wrote:

      > I confirm my car receives my portable.
      > I confirm my portable receives my car.
      > I confirm the towers receive my car.

      Okay we know those things are working then.

      > The portable's path is WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1
      > The car's path (now) is the same.
      > I did have it set to Keith's suggestion (WIDE2-1) with no luck.

      Which path did you change as per Keith's suggestion, the car's path or
      your portable's path? If you NEED WIDE1-1 in the car's path to be
      heard, then that will impact the operation of the portable through the
      car.

      > I noticed in the User's manual a text command 'DIGI on/off'. I have not
      > set that command but I do have the digipeater enabled using the configuration software.

      How is the digipeater enabled with the configuration software? We need
      to know what you have configured.

      > Is there a special alias I must use or something with the car's configuration
      > in the Digi menu?

      Special in what sense? You will need to have the digipeater set up to
      digipeat on the desired alias.

      > I test the WIDE2-1 setting at work still with no digipeat of my portable.

      Test the WIDE2-1 setting at work with what? Are you setting the path
      in the portable to WIDE2-1, and trying to hit the main digipeaters
      direct, or do you have another station at work that you have set up as
      a digipeater?

      > The car hits the towers fine. The portable is hit and miss to the towers.

      With the missing information above, these results might make some sense.

      DIGI ON is probably the easiest way to test the operation of your car
      as a digipeater. Set DIGI ON, and then use an outgoing path on the
      portable of VA3GOC-1,WIDE2-1.

      This will make the car digipeat the portable station via the callsign
      of the car. Now, if your car can't be heard by the main digipeaters,
      you won't get into them with the portable station either. You will
      however hear your portable station being digipeated by the car.