      From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of francois.rogez
      Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 14:51
      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [tracker2] Re: Not transmitting while moving

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...> wrote:

      > On 12/14/2011 1:14
      PM, francois.rogez wrote:
      > > I would like to refine this into more
      systematic coverage maps:
      > > 1 - a map showing where I send a packet
      from, and whether I hear it echoed back
      > > 2 - a map showing the
      locations where I received any packets from each digi

      For (1) I would need a way to detect when the t2-301 decided to send a packet
      > > For (1) and (2) I would need a way to get a GPS position,
      and a way to log all the time (a laptop is not a good long-term solution). Probably something with a micro-controller and flash memory card.

      href="http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/">http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/

      > APRSISCE/32 can draw realtime packet paths using your actual
      coordinates
      > as each packet is received and the last known locations of
      not only the
      > originating station but also every digipeater that handled
      the packet.

      > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows
      Mobile and Win32

      Hi Lynn,

      Are you advising me to run APRSISCE/32 in my car? I would have to figure what are my options for hardware as I do not want to use my laptop.

      For home, it could be a nice way to display the data if there is some kind of log file that I can create through other means while driving, and then ingest into APRSISCE/32 once I get home.
      Setting up APRSISCE/32 at home with its own receiver would not quite achieve what I am after.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic