13280Re: Not transmitting while moving

  • francois.rogez
    Dec 8, 2011
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...> wrote:

      > What callsign-ssid do you have configured in APRSIS32?
      >
      > Please ensure that the following options are checked:
      >
      > Enables / Logging / File Enabled - Puts all trace logs to APRSIS32*.LOG
      >
      > Enables / Logging / <YourD72PortName> - This will log all activity on
      > the RF port
      >
      > Enables / Logging / Packets (especially since you have APRS-IS disabled)
      >
      > Enables / Ports / Log All - This will make *.PKT files with all RF
      > received packets
      >
      > If you let it run this way while doing the tests you can see what the
      > D72 is receiving live in Enables / View Logs / <YourD72PortName> and
      > even after the test you can examine the *.PKT or APRSIS32*.LOG files to
      > see what all was received by the D72 and delivered to APRSIS32.

      I will follow those instructions in detail tonight.

      However based on what I saw yesterday, hooking up the D72 to the computer causes the D72 to become deaf to all except the packets coming directly from my t2-301 which is a few feet away.
      The USB cable has ferrite beads on both ends, so I don't know how to improve this.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic