13277Re: Not transmitting while moving

  • francois.rogez
    Dec 7, 2011

      > On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:20 PM, francois.rogez <ffdef@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I have changed my path to WIDE2-1, but there was no improvement.
      > > I am guessing that those far-away i-gates are just quicker to put the data on aprs-is.
      >
      > It is very strange that only one digipeater in all of LA can hear
      > you... looking at the last 1000 packets, it looks like there are other
      > issues afoot that make it very difficult for us to diagnose the issues
      > from what we can see based on the heavily filtered APRS-IS feed.
      >
      > 2011-12-05 10:16:57 MST:
      > WZ6FR-2>APOT21,WA6JFK-1,WIDE1*,WIDE2-1,qAR,N6EX-3:!3412.12N/11810.35W.142/00012.5V
      >
      > That shows that for at least a little bit you were using a
      > WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 outgoing path.

      Yes, I used that path before switching to WIDE2-2 as you suggested yesterday.

      > 2011-12-05 10:29:47 MST:
      > WZ6FR-2>APOT21,N6EX-4*,qAR,WL7AG-10:!3412.12N/11810.35W.142/000/A=00127912.5V
      >
      > This packet not long after shows only a single used up hop handled by
      > N6EX-4, with no trace of the original path used. Shortly after again
      > we see another packet with the WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 remnants, which
      > probably indicates that you are running that path, and the APRS
      > network in LA is screwed up and destroying the path as it is handled.
      >
      > That still doesn't explain why N6EX-4 handles so many of the packets.
      > Are you on an alternate frequency, or on 144.390?

      144.39
      I don't know enough about paths to recognize a problem with the digipeaters or igates, but I'll try to learn.

      > N6NEX-4 appears to be handling the majority packets, packets that
      > probably have been handled by other digipeaters, but due to
      > misconfigured settings in N6EX-4, we can not see where the packet has
      > been.
      >
      > Without being able to see what is happening on RF in your area we have
      > little chance of being able to help diagnose the problem.
      >
      > The APRS-IS view of your area shows a number of digipeaters close to
      > your location. You should be heard by them. Do you have another radio?
      > If you could download a copy of APRSISCE/32 and set that up with a
      > soundcard modem tied into the second radio (or if you have another
      > APRS rig, tie that into APRSISCE/32), we could get some visibility
      > into your local network, and you would also be able to see what is
      > happening as well.
      >
      > --
      > James
      > VE6SRV

      I will try to set-up APRSISCE/32, but I have a mac, so it may take some work.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic