13249Re: DOUBLE command

  • zl1vfo
    Dec 1, 2011
      Actually, that reminds me of a question I had regarding this - are the two back to back packets sent identical, and with nothing but flags (7E hex) sent between them? I presumed they would be, but thought it best to ask to be sure.

      Just thinking if a digipeater managed to hear both packets, they would have to be identical for the 'duplicate list' to pick up on it and only digipeat one back out.

      -Ian ZL1VFO

      > Yes. Thought I put that one in the manual. That's exactly what it does
      > - it sends two packets back to back. I'll use it sometimes with a very
      > short position packet if I'm somewhere with marginal coverage.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 12/1/2011 12:52 AM, notrobbage wrote:
      > > Scott, the T2 in my car started doing an odd thing after installing the
      > > latest devel. It was beaconing twice every time it should have beaconed
      > > once. I found a command DOUBLE which was turned on. I've never noticed
      > > this command before and it isn't in the PDF manual. Is it possible this
      > > is causing the double beacons?
      > >
      > > Rob VK6UFO

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic