13211Re: [tracker2] How does RING work?

  • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
    Nov 20, 2011
      Scott,

      OK, that helps a lot, thanks, but I'm still suffering from confusion.

      On 11/06/2011 12:24 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

      > I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
      > constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.

      Try setting PASSALL ON and see if it's at least hearing garbled packets.

      Yes, it gets some garbled packets. With PASSALL OFF today I saw one packet.

      I see that Pin 7 of JP1 is cut on the TC-301 board. That seems to be RSSI.
      Is that on purpose, or is that perhaps part of my problem?

      > 2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
      > my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

      If MONITOR is off, you'll only see messages addressed to you.

      OK, that's what I want: RING without MONITOR!  If I can get the decoding working then I'll do this.

      73 es TNX,
      Leigh/WA5ZNU

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic