12997Re: OUTPUT1 command/pin

  • Dion
    Sep 26, 2011
      What I ended up doing was cutting the track on the T2 board at pin 6 on the header that goes to the 9 pin D connector of the 301. I then connected pin 6 to the solder pad that would control the VN920. I soldered a male and female 9 pin D connector back to back so I had easy access to pin 6 on the 301. Pin 6 drives the gate of a 2N7000 which switches a high side FET to power the PX-777 and ADS-SR1. Works well..

      Dion..

      > The T2-301 has a space for a VN920 (or VN820 depending on the board
      > revision) on-board, but it's set up to power the radio itself. If you
      > use that, you can lift the trace that provides power from the VN920 and
      > route it elsewhere. I've used that for balloon cut-downs.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 9/12/2011 2:01 AM, Dion wrote:
      > > Im actually using a T2-301, I should have said that in the previous message.
      > >
      > > Anyway, I checked out the schematic and found the output that drives the
      > > power switch and metered that while sending the CMD POWER ON/OFF
      > > commands and it does what I want it to.. Just have to bring that signal
      > > out to the DB9 so I can use it to drive a high side switch and I'll be set..
      > >
      > > Thanks for the idea..
      > >
      > > Dion
      > > VK7DB

      > > James Ewen <ve6srv@> wrote:

      > > > Use the POWER command to control the output of the onboard solid state
      > > > relay. The high powered MOSFET is good for switching up to 35 amps
      > > > according to the datasheet.
      > > >
      > > > Open up the case and have a look for the 4 great big solder pads...
      > > > you can see them in the image I uploaded to the yahoogroup photos
      > > > area.

      > > > I am using the output to control an outboard relay for some possible
      > > > multi-amp switching, and the input holes I'm using to run some wires
      > > > to the back side of the board to pick up a couple connection points
      > > > that I wanted access to...
      > > >
      > > > The purpose behind these pads is to be able to control a high power
      > > > device like a radio at a solar site where you don't want the heavy
      > > > draw on all the time. A buddy uses his to control the power to his
      > > > crossband repeater at his solar powered cabin. On the way out he sends
      > > > a power on command and the crossbander comes to life so he can chat on
      > > > the distant repeaters while on the way to the cabin.
      > > >
      > > > --
      > > > James
      > > > VE6SRV

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic