12975Re: [tracker2] Re: OUTPUT1 command/pin

    Sep 12, 2011
      The T2-301 has a space for a VN920 (or VN820 depending on the board
      revision) on-board, but it's set up to power the radio itself. If you
      use that, you can lift the trace that provides power from the VN920 and
      route it elsewhere. I've used that for balloon cut-downs.

      Scott

      On 9/12/2011 2:01 AM, Dion wrote:
      > Im actually using a T2-301, I should have said that in the previous message.
      >
      > Anyway, I checked out the schematic and found the output that drives the
      > power switch and metered that while sending the CMD POWER ON/OFF
      > commands and it does what I want it to.. Just have to bring that signal
      > out to the DB9 so I can use it to drive a high side switch and I'll be set..
      >
      > Thanks for the idea..
      >
      > Dion
      > VK7DB

      > James Ewen <ve6srv@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Dion <vk7ybi@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > I have a Tracker2 and a ADS-SR1 co-sited and would like to be able
      > > > to remotely completely remove power to the SR1 and radio when noone
      > > > is around to use it.
      > >
      > > Use the POWER command to control the output of the onboard solid state
      > > relay. The high powered MOSFET is good for switching up to 35 amps
      > > according to the datasheet.
      > >
      > > Open up the case and have a look for the 4 great big solder pads...
      > > you can see them in the image I uploaded to the yahoogroup photos
      > > area.

      > > I am using the output to control an outboard relay for some possible
      > > multi-amp switching, and the input holes I'm using to run some wires
      > > to the back side of the board to pick up a couple connection points
      > > that I wanted access to...
      > >
      > > The purpose behind these pads is to be able to control a high power
      > > device like a radio at a solar site where you don't want the heavy
      > > draw on all the time. A buddy uses his to control the power to his
      > > crossband repeater at his solar powered cabin. On the way out he sends
      > > a power on command and the crossbander comes to life so he can chat on
      > > the distant repeaters while on the way to the cabin.
      > >
      > > --
      > > James
      > > VE6SRV

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic