12683Re: [tracker2] Re: PC to OT2 Serial Connection

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Jul 3, 2011
      On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM, doc@... <doc@...> wrote:
      > The DB-9 connector on the back of the Tracker2/OT2M is Male,
      > the DB-9 connector on the back of the laptop is Male,

      I can't remember the T2 pinout, but _in_general_ : if the two RS232
      devices have complementary genders (one female, one male) they need a
      straight-through cable. A standard straight-through serial cable has
      a male connector on one end and a female on the other.

      If you think you need a gender changer, you probably really need a
      null modem cable. There are exceptions to this, e.g. the kenwood D700
      serial connector, which is an engineering screwup and you do need a
      gender changer to use a standard cable.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic