12682Re: [tracker2] Re: PC to OT2 Serial Connection

  • doc@kd4e.com
    Jul 3, 2011
      The DB-9 connector on the back of the Tracker2/OT2M is Male,
      the DB-9 connector on the back of the laptop is Male, so if
      one thinks of the two connected cables between them as a single
      continuous null modem cable it must be Female at both ends.

      Perhaps, before this will work, I need to reverse the cable
      for some reason?

      Or, perhaps I need to add the handshaking to the laptop end,
      and then it will work?

      Or, is gtkterm not the right Linux app to be using?

      It seems odd that after all these years there is not yet a
      Linux (or preferably platform independent) alternative to
      OTWINCFG (which is dependent upon a proprietary and problem-
      plagued MS version of windows).

      I read where someone was speculating about Python.

      Sure wish I had the coding skills but don't even remember
      what little I used to know and use daily as a sys. mgr!

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E
      David Colburn http://kd4e.com