12670Re: [tracker2] Re: PC to OT2 Serial Connection

  • doc@kd4e.com
    Jul 2, 2011
      I have assembled a female-to-female 2-2, 3-3, 5-5 DB9 straight
      thru cable and a male-to-female 2-3, 3-2, 5-5 DB9 null modem
      cable and have connected them between the serial port on my
      laptop to the "serial" port on my Tracker2/OT2M.

      I have gtkterm loaded in Linux.

      I set Configuration - Local Echo to ON.

      When Configuration - Port - Flow Control is set to None or to
      RTS/CTS the only response I receive when power is applied to
      the Tracker2/OT2M is a single character that looks like an
      ancient Greek "P" or something. (Also, none of the LEDs remain
      lighted on the OT2M box.)

      When Configuration - Port - Flow Control is set to Xon/Xoff
      I get an endless screen of junk characters. (The LED labeled
      "ACT" on the OT2M remains lighted.)

      Where should I look for the solution, please?

      Was I supposed to set jumpers in the OT2M or should it talk
      to gtkterm as-shipped?

      Thanks!

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E