12154Re: [tracker2] Re: T2-301 serial port connection and otwincfg

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Mar 11 5:18 AM
      Steve KF7MXS wrote...

      > I removed the T2 cover and started testing the connections of each pin
      > between the female side of the DE-9 connector and the leads that come
      > out and down to the main circuit board. What I've found is that pins 1
      > through 3 seem to be open, while pins 4 through 9 are working fine. If
      > I'm reading the schematic correctly, this means that Port B In, Port A
      > Out, and the +5V Out lines are not connected - most critically Port A
      > Out, which is necessary for the serial data transfer.

      If pin 2 is open on the DE-9, that would prevent you from receiving
      any data from port A. Pin 1 is of course port B out, and pin 3 is +5V
      out for a GPS receiver.

      > So now my question for anyone is: A) should I attempt to fix this and if
      > so, how? or B) should I just send it back? There's a little black cover
      > on the connector that appears to be removable, but I don't want to force
      > anything open that's not meant to be removed.

      Scott should answer that one, but on a new unit, it would think it would be
      better to send it back unless you could see an easy fix.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH