11880Re: [tracker2] Re: T2-135 - How to reset?

  • Gary Sanders
    Feb 8, 2011
      Keith, Scott and Mike, thanks for the suggestions. When I pulled the
      cover, I discovered the connector from the DB9 to the T2-135 was loose
      in the socket. I reconnected it and regained (some) connectivity.

      Both LED's do blink when the power is applied.

      Mike, I like the idea of hot-melt glue on the connector - the kind I
      have can be peeled off pretty easily, so it could be undone at any time,
      but should hold against vibration, etc.

      I said (some) connectivity, because getting the config program to
      connect to the T2 and display the config screen is tenuous at best. It
      seems that it will connect maybe 1 time out of 10 attempts. I'm using a
      laptop with a built-in RS-232 port (IBM T30). I also tried with a USB to
      serial converter on the laptop that uses a FTDI chip that's never failed
      to connect to anything that I've thrown at it. (And that's been quite a
      lot!).

      I've tried power cycling the radio, both using the ON/OFF button on the
      radio, and pulling the power connector, and it doesn't make any
      difference. The message I get is "Can't open port" or similar.

      Any thoughts?

      Gary Sanders
      WB0BZR

      On 2/8/2011 3:37 PM, Woody wrote:

      > Ditto on opening it up and taking a look. The connector from the
      > t2-135 to the radio came loose on mine and it stopped working.
      > Plugged it back in and it was good as new.
      >
      > Mike - K6MAW
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller<scott@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> There's no hardware reset, but you should be able to run the
      >> config program. You'll probably need to power cycle the radio
      >> after you hit the 'connect' button, though.
      >>
      >> If that's not working, can you open up the radio and see if the
      >> LEDs on the T2-135 board are blinking when it powers on?
      >>
      >> Scott
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic