11879Re: T2-135 - How to reset?

  • Woody
    Feb 8, 2011
      Ditto on opening it up and taking a look. The connector from the t2-135 to the radio came loose on mine and it stopped working. Plugged it back in and it was good as new.. I noticed that the connectors aren't exactly the same.. so the clip that would normally hold it in is in the wrong place.. I am considering putting a dab of hot glue or something on mine to keep the connector from coming out.. (Unless someone has a better suggestion)

      Mike - K6MAW

      > There's no hardware reset, but you should be able to run the config
      > program. You'll probably need to power cycle the radio after you hit
      > the 'connect' button, though.
      >
      > If that's not working, can you open up the radio and see if the LEDs on
      > the T2-135 board are blinking when it powers on?
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 2/7/2011 9:03 PM, Gary Sanders wrote:
      > > I have a T2-135 in my radio and connected to my Garmin 350, and had it
      > > apparently working for a few minutes. Now for some reason the 350 can't
      > > talk to the T2-135. Sending a "--version" message initially would
      > > display the Build number. Now, I just see "sending"
      > >
      > > I'll save the troubleshooting for later. The initial problem I need to
      > > deal with is how to get the T2-135 out of Garmin mode and back into Auto
      > > mode. When it was working, I could just switch it back by sending
      > > "--amode auto" and it would switch. Now, of course, that no longer works.
      > >
      > > I've tried to use the config program, and it can't communicate with the
      > > T2-135 either.
      > >
      > > The config program was downloaded and the firmware was updated on the
      > > T2-135 within the last few weeks. Of course, I can't tell you the build
      > > number because I can't talk to it :).
      > >
      > > My 2 basic questions for right now:
      > >
      > > 1) Is there a hardware reset somewhere that will reinitialize the
      > > firmware to factory default? I didn't see one in the manual or on the
      > > schematic.
      > >
      > > 2) Should I be able to communicate with and recover the T2-135 using the
      > > config program when it's in Garmin mode? When it worked, I was able to
      > > communicate with it as long as it was in Auto mode, but not when it was
      > > in Garmin mode. And of course, now it's locked it Garmin mode.
      > >
      > > I'm sure I'll have several other questions as troubleshooting
      > > progresses, but for now I need to determine if the T2-135 still works in
      > > auto mode.
      > >
      > > Hope all of this makes sense.
      > >
      > > Gary Sanders
      > > WB0BZR